Team Rebel

camping rules

General information regarding our servers.
Batar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

camping rules

Postby Batar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:53 pm

HI there

I had questions from some members about the camping rule on our snd snipe server

The running text talking about our policy regarding camping is still on , but when you read rules, or !say #camp , it's no longer written (-10 sec)
This caused some members to be a bit more quick to warn when some guys do things like : running to cover, wait 9 secs, run to another cover, wait 9 sec
I consider myself this kind of playing as annoying, but, as no rule is broken I have to accept it.

It appears now that the camping rule is not really clear to everybody, so I suggest to define it precisely on the server : for instance, write back (-10 sec) wich is clear enough for everyone

On an other hand,I think it would be much appreciated for many people to decrease the allowed camping time to 5 seconds, in order to limit the "area camping" but I reckon this has to be discussed with admins

Thanks for further informations

Dender
Owner
Owner

Re: camping rules

Postby Dender » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:11 pm

I'll discuss this with Naru asap.
Dender
Owner

Courage comes after fear.

Wtf A Weezel
Media Moderator
Media Moderator

Postby Wtf A Weezel » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Again on this topic. Do you know what you are asking from alot of people if you change the camping rule. It is something what have botherd me since it changed. A defensive play style is not camping. Camping is sitting still on one position for 10 seconds. And even than i still think its not camping. I think if you change this we lose more players than we gain. Its like asking to you to play a whole different style than you do now. Like crouch walk the whole game.

Ps camping is imo sitting on one place for 20 seconds+

Naru
Gold Community Member
Gold Community Member

Postby Naru » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Wtf A Weezel wrote:Again on this topic. Do you know what you are asking from alot of people if you change the camping rule. It is something what have botherd me since it changed. A defensive play style is not camping. Camping is sitting still on one position for 10 seconds. And even than i still think its not camping. I think if you change this we lose more players than we gain. Its like asking to you to play a whole different style than you do now. Like crouch walk the whole game.

This proves a good point in my point of view and it's a totally objective argument.

The reason I've changed the message is per request of several members, but if more members would like to make an input about this change (and tell why or why not) and switch back to having 10 secs written out as before, it will be done.

Batar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Postby Batar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm

I don't want to change any rules weezel, that was just the report of a question who was asked to me, sorry if it has been discussed again and again, I wasn't aware of it.
I thought it was my duty as a modo to check eventual wishes of members and report them, I do agree to your point of wiew, but didn't expect such a flaming answer...

@Naru , the fact the message has changed caused some members to warn/kick faster, that's why I thought it needs to be clear :

The camping rule hasn't changed, all is ok by me, i shall know what to answer if asked again...

Doom Demo
Silver Community Member
Silver Community Member

Postby Doom Demo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:16 pm

I discuss that topic with Banapple and Batar on ts. We don`t found a result but everyone agreed that we need a a time to say you camped . If it`s 10 sek or 5 i don`t care but as Batar said this wait 8 sek move wait 8 sek. it`s even more annoying than some camper. We should have import that to camping rule and take back (-10 sek).

Return to “Server information”